April 5, 2016

Korean Word: Wenyeol

왠열 (웬열)


After watching Reply 1988 this word keep playing in my mind. Korean people been using this word in 1980s and 1990s era as part penned word and barely use in this day. The words to express surprise or ridiculous feeling.Thus, many young Koreans began to use the word again after Reply 1988 drama aired. Its similar to word heol (헐) too.

What actually the meaning of wenyeol word?
  • Really? I'm surprised.
  • what's going on? I'm surprised.
  • what's wrong with you? I'm surprised.
  • what the hell !!
Source: openslang

5 ulasan:

Jaque said...

I love reply 1988!

The pepe said...

I love reply 1988 too!

Unknown said...

i searched this word because of reply 1988, my mouth began to use it as an expression lmao what a cringe 🤣 i just love reply 1988!!! 🥺💓

Unknown said...

lmao it really is a great seriee

Anonymous_sanggre said...

Seriously I searched the definition of this word because of Reply 1988 and found you guys hahaha I'm glad we can relate to each other

 
ღ ejay and her blog ღ Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template